Co-owners Ash Nega and Titi Demissie were both born and raised in Ethiopia. The two met later in life in Atlanta and instantly knew they would be a team forever. A few years later, Ash had a dream and a clear vision of Desta. His wife, Titi, faithfully and passionately dedicated herself to implementing the idea.
The couple decided to start small and focus on what was important within their business model: authentic flavors, high quality ingredients, organization, cleanliness, speed and great service. After a lot of planning and hard work, Desta Ethiopian Kitchen opened its doors on July 1st, 2006. At the time, the restaurant served 8 people – 4 seated at a table and 4 standing at a counter top.
Now, with the capacity to serve 250 guests, Desta continues to shock first time visitors. After multiple expansions, they have held tightly to their values, authenticity and excellent business model. Fusing Ethiopian culture with modern business tactics, Desta Ethiopian Kitchen is truly a unique experience.
As Mentioned in…
Check out what some people are saying about us all over the internet.
- Desta Ethiopian Kitchen Opens at Emory Point
- YELP: Top Places to Eat In Metro Atlanta
- Creative Loafing: Breakfast combo at Desta
- Atlanta Magazine: Desta Ethiopian Kitchen
- CBS Local: Best Ethiopian Food in Atlanta
- The Daily Meal: Desta Ethiopian Kitchen
- The Aha Connection: Food Frenzy
- Off the Eatin’ Path: A Tapestry of Inviting Flavors